Tuesday, January 3, 2012

One Book, One DVD: Week 1

Week 1: Seabiscuit and Life is Beautiful

You might have read what happened to my humble collection of books a few weeks ago, and the vow I've made to rebuild my library. Well, I'm taking it up a notch higher. Recently, my beloved external hard drive Bromelia has reached the dreaded Free Space: 5GB, and I said to myself that I need to buy a new one soon. Probably with a larger storage capacity, I added. But then it hit me: what if one day, out of the blue, my external hard drives and my netbook decide to conspire and rebel against me for such abusive downloading that they erase every single file I've downloaded. SCARY, I KNOW. It's going to be like a rage against the machine, only I play the machine part.

Then the light bulb goes on. A eureka moment! Why not obtain physical (note: original) copies of the movies I've fallen in love with? Why not just buy those movies listed on my 1001 films list? Not only I am combating piracy (I can't believe I'm saying this), but I'm also building a whole new shelf filled with books and movies for myself! Win-win! Then probably save up more than what I'm saving so that I can also buy DVD copies of the TV series I follow! Then I could free ~20GB from deleting Fringe alone. YAY, not obliged anymore to buy a new EHD! Win-win-win.

So for the remaining 51 weeks of this year, I shall be doing this. I may bend some rules along the way, but the goal is to have 52 books and 52 DVD titles by the end of the year. Challenge accepted!

Addendum: The best part? I've spent only Php 145 for today! Bargain!

No comments:

Post a Comment